Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The spacers are in!

It's all finally happening!  I had an orthodontist appointment today and got the spacers put in ready for the expansion device which should go in about a week from now.  The spacers are simply little plastic discs that are placed in between teeth to create a larger space in between them.

I had four spacers placed in total (two on each side of my upper jaw) and I have to say they are not as uncomfortable as I was led to believe.  My orthodontist had warned me to take some painkillers as he said there would be soreness and I did take a couple of painkillers over twelve hours ago, but I have felt no pain whatsoever.


While its not the most attractive pose, here you can see one of the blue spacers in my upper jaw - they're kinda cute :)

I'll be back in to see the orthodontist tomorrow to have the final impressions made for the expansion device. Three weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)