Wednesday, February 20, 2013

With this ring, I thee bled!

Ok, so grammatically the title of this post is pretty rubbish, but hey - I'm trying to be funny!

I went back to the orthodontist on Tuesday - just 24 hours after having my spacers put in.  The spacers were removed and the rings (which will eventually be connected to the SARME / expander device) were sized for my upper molars and front upper teeth.  I think I had become complacent about pain as the spacers did not hurt or cause any discomfort - but I can tell you, having the rings fitted soon kicked me back to reality!

The process of sizing the rings involves sliding various different metal rings up over the teeth in question (quite roughly I might add) in order to find ones which are the perfect fit around the tooth - not too tight and not too loose.  The rings hit my gums a number of times and I could feel the edges of them against the inside of my cheeks as well as against my tongue.  This caused some discomfort but luckily the whole process only took 20 minutes or so.

Once the metal rings were fitted I had some impressions made and the rings were removed - phew!  The impressions will be sent to the lab to have the device built and this will be 'installed' on 4th March. Oh happy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)