Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 4: I wish they all could be California girls

Monday was very exciting as it was the day my amazing friend Cindi arrived from California.  Cindi has travelled all this way to take care of me for my first two weeks of recovery.  I said it before and I'll say it again - I'm lucky to have such amazing people in my life.  A friend of mine who stayed the previous night went to the airport to pick her up and in no time at all they had arrived back at my apartment.

Cindi and I have become a little spoilt recently with the frequency of seeing each other.  The last time was only four months ago in June when I surprised her at her home in California for her birthday.  And only six months before that I had spent Christmas and New Year at her home.  Regardless of only four months passing though, we drank coffee and talked for as long as we both could.  Cindi of course was quite tired (it's a long journey from her home in Napa to Sydney) so we both took long naps. 

In terms of my recovery - my sinuses are still very congested and I'm finding it a little difficult to breathe through my nose.  My face and neck are still swollen but I am in no pain.  I have no energy though so am trying to take my recovery as slowly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)