Sunday, October 26, 2014

Days 8-10: Big journeys start with small steps

It has certainly been a busy weekend and I didn't do too bad at keeping up.  Cindi's niece (also from California) has been studying in Melbourne for the last few months and came to spend a weekend with us in Sydney.  It would have been a shame for them to not see each other,  so we agreed that I would join in for as much as I could and rest as much as needed.

I really got to test myself in terms of how much energy I had and just how much I could (and couldn't) do in three days.  We managed to power through the majority of the iconic sights of Sydney, but while we took the car to most places, it still caught up on me big time.  If I'm honest, I probably pushed myself a little too far.  The swelling on my face has been going down rapidly and I am speaking better than ever, but I need to remember that I am still recovering and only just over a week out of the operating theatre.  So my advice would be to listen to your body and take small steps.  And if you do go out for a full day make sure you take extra smoothies with you for in-between meal snacks.

I'm slowly seeing the changes to my jawline and loving my much shorter face and squarer jaw.  Because my upper jaw was taken upwards, it means that my mouth now naturally sits in the closed position.  Prior to surgery I had to consciously close my mouth.  And even then it looked odd.

Here are a couple of pictures (taken on day 9, 25th October) of my progress so far.

You can see that my jawline and chin have taken on a new shape

My side profile looks a lot more balanced than before my surgery - the overbite is gone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)